SAP S/4HANA is a leading ERP system that is very popular with many global organisations. The S/4HANA platform is subscription-based, efficient at multi-tasking, able to automate many processes, and is easily accessed through multiple channels.
As announced, SAP ERP Central Component (SAP ECC) support will end in 2027. SAP users will be planning to upgrade to SAP S/4HANA well in advance to ensure migration is seamless and painless.
For companies, data continuity is vital when migrating to SAP S/4HANA from SAP ECC, SAP R/3, or from a non-SAP ERP system. An iPaaS that natively works with SAP will be a useful tool and this is where Boomi aXis comes in.
What is Boomi aXis?
Boomi aXis brings enterprise-level, cloud-native iPaas to SAP customers. As the Boomi AtomSphere platform is low-code, teams will be able to build integrations much quicker than usual, at a lower cost. The Boomi SAP connector, aXis, is designed to be easy to use when unlocking SAP and non-SAP data.
Boomi aXis for SAP offers a low-ABAP code approach, event driven architectures (EDA), and the ability to expose custom SAP objects as RESTful API services. The advanced Boomi to SAP connector differs from other iPaaS solutions that integrate through SAP’s proprietary JCo middleware layer as it enables native integration with SAP ABAP stack. This results in lower development costs and more time savings by leveraging SAP’s security and event logic.
Benefits of Boomi aXis
- Officially SAP certified – Boomi holds the SAP certifications required for integration with SAP NetWeaver and SAP S/4HANA.
- Cut down on wasted time – Less ABAP code results in simpler, faster, and easier to maintain integration and data pipelines
- No need for ABAP developers – traditional expensive and difficult to find, the low-code platform certified by SAP helps avoid ABAP development
- Extract business data – easily populate external databases with your critical business data for self-service analytics and AI
- SAP ECC and SAP S/4HANA – two systems can co-exist and reduce the risk of phased business process cut-over and data synchronisation
- Employ EDA-driven implementation – enable distributed applications with event driven integration to leverage your digital ecosystem investments
- Faster time-to-market and migration to S/4HANA – Eliminate the need for ABAP coding, while reusing legacy custom logic for faster migration
Read more about the features and prerequisites over on Boomi’s documentation page.